2021 Board of Directors legislative agenda:
The Neighborhoood House Board of Directors stands behind policies and investments that support the health and well-being of low-income people and communities. Specific 2021 legislative measures include the following.
- Connecting with clients and staff to define equitable COVID recovery and creating opportunities for clients to demand an equitable recovery.
- Fair Start for Kids Act. Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) entitlement to 185% of poverty. 10% increase in vendor rate on top of restored 6% increase to ECEAP to grow the number of slots for children in Washington.
- Decriminalize Commercial Tobacco. Addressing systemic racism in the enforcement of commercial tobacco control.
We support the priorities of the following advocacy groups across Seattle, King County, Washington, and the US.
- Seattle Human Services Coalition
- Youth Development Executives of King County
- Seattle-King County Coalition on Homelessness
- Black Lives Matter Seattle-King County
- Washington State Community Action Partnership
- Early Learning Action Alliance
- Washington Low Income Housing Alliance
- Governor’s Equity Policy Package
Other advocacy and legislative measures supported by Neighborhood House: